Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem. Jews around the world celebrate the eight night holiday by lighting the menorah, playing dreidel and giving gifts. Since Hanukkah dates from the Jewish calendar, it falls on a different date each year in the Gregorian calendar. So when is Hanukkah 2030?
Hanukkah 2030 will begin in the evening of Wednesday, December 16th and will last for 8 days until Thursday, December 24th. Hanukkah celebrates the victory of a small army led by Judah Maccabee against the Syrian-Greek forces in Jerusalem in the 2nd century BCE. Legend has it that the Maccabees lit a menorah with only enough purified oil for one day and miraculously the oil rekindled for eight days. Today, Jews around the world light a menorah each night of the holiday in celebration.
Jewish tradition dictates that each night of Hanukkah we can either light a 9-branched menorah or a 7-branched candleabra. We will start with all the candles being unlit and then light one candle each night, from right to left. The ninth candle, known as the shamas, is used to light the other candles.
The 8 nights of Hanukkah
- Night 1 (16th December 2030) – On the first night of Hanukkah, we light the shamas candle and one of the eight lights.
- Night 2 (17th December 2030) – The second night, two lights are lit.
- Night 3 (18th December 2030) – On the third night, three lights are lit.
- Night 4 (19th December 2030) – The fourth night, four lights are lit.
- Night 5 (20th December 2030) – On the fifth night, five candles should be lit.
- Night 6 (21st December 2030) – On the sixth night, six lights are lit.
- Night 7 (22nd December 2030) – On the seventh night, seven lights are lit.
- Night 8 (23rd December 2030) – On the eighth and last night, all eight lights should be lit.
In addition to the menorah-lighting, Jews around the world also celebrate Hanukkah with gift-giving, special foods, and games of dreidel. Hanukkah gelt, which are typically chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil, are often given as gifts and they can be used to play the game of dreidel. Latkes, which are fried potato pancakes served with applesauce, or jelly and sour cream, are a popular Hanukkah dish.
As a holiday that celebrates miracles and miracles that last through difficult times, Hanukkah is a powerful reminder of hope and resilience. Celebrating Hanukkah with family and loved ones makes the holiday truly special. Now you know when Hanukkah will be in 2030.
In conclusion, Hanukkah 2030 will begin in the evening of Wednesday, December 16th and will last for 8 days until Thursday, December 24th. We will light one candle each night throughout the 8 days of Hanukkah and celebrate with special foods, gifts, and games of dreidel.
- What Is Hanukkah And Why Is It Celebrated?
- What Is Hanukkah And How Is It Celebrated?
- What Day Is Hanukkah Is It?
- What Night Is Hanukkah?
- What Is The First Night Of Hanukkah This Year?
- What Is The Name Of The Hanukkah Song That Is Written In Ladino?
- What Day Of Hanukkah Is It Tonight?
- What Date Is Hanukkah This Year?
- Which Night Of Hanukkah Is Today?
- Ok Google When Is Hanukkah?
- What Days Is Hanukkah Celebrated?
- Why Is Hanukkah 8 Nights?
- What Dates Is Hanukkah?
- When Is Hanukkah Start?
- When Is Hanukkah?
Last update 2023-11-22. Price and product availability may change.