Hanukkah is the Festival of Lights, a joyous Jewish celebration honoring the victory of the Maccabees over the Greeks in the second century BCE. The festival lasts for 8 crazy days and nights, and every year people seek out meaningful and creative ways to express their warmth and love on Hanukkah. Even though more common than ever before, sending a Hanukkah card is still a great way to make someone feel really special and loved on the holiday. But what should you say on a Hanukkah card? We’ve put together a guide to make sure your message is nothing short of celebratory perfection.
Most people who use Hanukkah cards want to start off with a typical holiday greeting, something like ‘Happy Hanukkah’ or ‘Happy Holiday’. This an appropriate way to start off, as it puts them in the festive spirit and sets the tone. You can even go for something a bit more heartfelt like ‘Warm wishes to you and yours this Hanukkah’ or ‘Wishing you an extra special Hanukkah filled with lots of light and love’.
A Personal Message
Unlike many holiday cards, Hanukkah cards don’t often include a religious message. It’s best to keep your card short and sweet. Personalize the sentiment with something that is meaningful to them. Here are some ideas of things you can talk about in your message:
- Remind them of your best memories together.
- Share a heartfelt message about how much you appreciate them.
- Encourage them to enjoy the holiday and take time for themselves.
- Let them know you’re looking forward to seeing them soon.
- Send your best wishes from afar.
A Special Prayer
In many families, the end of a Hanukkah card features some kind of special prayer for the recipient, like ‘May you have a blessed Hanukkah, filled with health, joy, and peace’. If you want to make it personal for the recipient, you can make up your own special prayers that include good wishes and blessings for their future. It’s a great way to make your card a unique expression of your love and care.
At the end of the day, it really comes down to what feels right to you – whether it’s a simple greeting or a heartfelt letter, just make sure you express your love and make the card something personal and meaningful. A Hanukkah card can be one of the best ways to show someone you care, so take the time to write one and offer a meaningful message that will stay with them.
- What To Say In Hanukkah Card?
- What To Say In A Hanukkah Greeting Card?
- What To Say On A Hanukkah Card?
- What To Say In A Hanukkah Card?
- What Do You Say In A Hanukkah Card?
- What To Write In A Hanukkah Card?
- How To Say Happy Hanukkah To A Jew?
- How To Sign A Hanukkah Card?
- What To Write For Hanukkah Card?
- What To Say For Hanukkah Greetings?
- What To Say To Someone On The First Day Of Hanukkah?
- What To Say To Jewish Friends On Hanukkah?
- What To Say To Someone On Hanukkah?
- Happy Hanukkah What To Say?
- What To Write In Hanukkah Card?
Last update 2023-11-22. Price and product availability may change.