Hanukkah is one of the most widely celebrated Jewish holidays, and is celebrated by families and friends around the world. It’s a time of gift-giving, joy and festivities, and many traditions that are unique to the holiday. Gift-giving is a major part of the holiday, so knowing what to give for Hanukkah can be a difficult task. From traditional Hanukkah gifts to modern gifts that are tied to the holiday, there are endless options for Hanukkah gifting.
Gelt is the name of the chocolate coins which serve as a reminder of the coins that the Maccabees found in the Temple. The type of coins vary, from colorful foil-wrapped chocolate coins to the more authentic-looking silver and gold coins.
A dreidel is a four-sided spinning top, usually made of plastic or brass, and is commonly used during Hanukkah to play various games. The four Hebrew letters inscribed on each of the four sides usually spell out the Hebrew phrase “A great miracle happened there”, which references the miracle of Hanukkah.
Hanukkah candles, or Hanukkiahs, are the nine-branched candelabras which are essential to Hanukkah celebrations. The candelabra is lit for eight nights to represent the miracle of the oil lasting eight nights in the Temple. Some candelabras are plain and simple, or have intricate designs and decorations.
Modern Hanukkah Gifts
In addition to the traditional gift-giving of Hanukkah gelt, dreidels, and Hanukkiahs, modern Hanukkah gifts may include:
- Jewish-Themed Clothing and Jewelry
Jewish-themed clothing and jewelry are popular gifts for Hanukkah, to help the recipient proudly show their Jewish heritage.
- Books about Hanukkah and Jewish History
Books about the history of Hanukkah and Jewish culture can be a great way to educate and inform, while also being a thoughtful and useful gift.
- Hanukkah Games
Hanukkah-themed board games and puzzles are a wonderful way to get the family together during the holiday season.
- Kosher Food Gift Baskets
Kosher food gift baskets are a great way to show your appreciation and respect for the recipient’s Jewish faith.
No matter what you choose to give for Hanukkah, it is sure to be appreciated. Giving a gift from the heart is always the best way to show your love and appreciation for your friends and family during Hanukkah. Whether it’s a traditional Hanukkah gift or something more modern, the act of giving is what matters the most.
- How Do You Give Gifts For Hanukkah?
- What Gifts Do You Give For Hanukkah?
- When Do You Give Hanukkah Gifts?
- What Day Do You Give Gifts For Hanukkah?
- What Kind Of Gifts Do You Give For Hanukkah?
- What Day Do You Give A Hanukkah Gift?
- What Do You Give Someone For Hanukkah?
- What Do You Give For Hanukkah Gifts?
- How Many Gifts Do You Give For Hanukkah?
- When Do You Give Gifts For Hanukkah?
- What Gifts Do You Give On Hanukkah?
- What Gifts Do You Give During Hanukkah?
- When Do You Give Gifts On Hanukkah?
- What Day Of Hanukkah Do You Give Gifts?
- Why Do You Give Gifts On Hanukkah?
Last update 2023-11-27. Price and product availability may change.