Hanukkah is one of the most beloved holidays among Jewish communities. Each year, families from all different types of Jewish backgrounds come together to celebrate this special holiday that is known as the Festival of Lights. But have you ever wondered: What day do you say Happy Hanukkah?
The answer to this question depends on when Hanukkah is celebrated. The Talmudic calendar determines when Hanukkah begins, and it is celebrated for eight days – from the 25th day of Kislev, to the 2nd day of Tevet.
Table of Contents
When Do People Say Happy Hanukkah?
Lighting the Menorah
The first day of Hanukkah is the day that the Menorah is lit, which coincides with the 25th day of Kislev, and that is when you can first say “Happy Hanukkah”. However, it may be customary to wait until the end of the day to say it, depending on where you live and your community’s traditions.
The second day of Hanukkah is when you can really jump into celebrating. Many families choose this day to host a Hanukkah party or cook a special Hanukkah meal, and it is the perfect time to decorate your home with Hanukkah decorations and say a loud and proud “Hello, Hanukkah!”
Happy Hanukkah for the Duration of the Festival
For the remaining six days of the holiday, you can greet anyone you meet by saying “Happy Hanukkah” as you celebrate the Festival of Lights. On the final day of Hanukkah, many people also choose to enjoy a festive meal with their loved ones and exchange gifts to mark the end of the holiday season.
Overall, you can say “Happy Hanukkah” anytime during the 8-day celebration of Hanukkah. While the 25th day of Kislev marks the official beginning of Hanukkah, it is customary to wait until the evening to light the Menorah and officially begin celebrating the holiday. During the following seven days, feel free to share your happiness and joy with everyone around you and wish them “Happy Hanukkah”!
From celebrating with a festive meal on the second day of Hanukkah, to exchanging presents on the final day, Hanukkah is filled with special days to share your love and joy with family and friends. With a little help from the Talmudic calendar we now know exactly when and how to properly say “Happy Hanukkah”.
- How Do You Say Happy First Day Of Hanukkah?
- When Do You Say Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say On The Last Day Of Hanukkah?
- What Day Do You Wish Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone On The First Day Of Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say On The First Day Of Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say When Someone Says Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say Happy Hanukkah?
- What Day Do You Wish Someone Happy Hanukkah?
- How Do You Say Happy Hanukkah In Israel?
- How Do You Say Happy Hanukkah?
- How Do You Say Happy Hanukkah In Jewish?
- What Do You Say To Wish Someone A Happy Hanukkah?
- What Day To Say Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Wish Someone Happy Hanukkah?
Last update 2023-11-22. Price and product availability may change.