Hanukkah is an eight-day Jewish festival which celebrates the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in the 2nd century BCE. It is one of the most joyous days in the Jewish calendar, and is a time for getting together with family and friends, eating special festive meals and giving gifts. But what should you say to your Jewish friends and family for the holiday? Read on to find out.
The traditional Jewish greeting for Hanukkah is “Chag Sameach” which translates as “ Happy Holiday.” Other traditional phrases can be used either in person or sent through digital cards such messages such as “ Wishing you a bright and joyous Hanukkah,” or “A warm and happy Hanukkah to you!”.
If you want to keep your greeting light and simple, try wishing your Jewish friends and family a “Happy Hanukkah” or “Merry Hanukkah.” Other simple sayings include “May the light of Hanukkah shine brightly in your heart” and “Enjoy eight days of joy and celebration.”
If you are looking for something a bit more creative, there are plenty of options. Here are a few examples:
- “Peace, love and light for the Hanukkah days.”
- “Sparkling menorahs, delicious latkes and happiest Hanukkah wishes!”
- “May your home and your heart be full of joy and happiness this Hanukkah.”
Include a Gift
Sending a Hanukkah gift is a great way to show your appreciation for someone. While the traditional Hanukkah gift is a box of chocolate coins, there’s no need to stick to this. Other creative gift ideas include: Jewish-themed books, homemade crafts, or a menorah for their home. Adding a gift to your Hanukkah message will make your wish that much more special.
No matter what you choose to say to your Jewish friends and family, your warm wishes will be greatly appreciated. Hanukkah is a time of joy and celebration, and a special way to show your admiration and to say thank you for all their love and support. We wish you and your loved ones a very happy Hanukkah.
- What Do You Say To Your Jewish Friends On Hanukkah?
- What To Say To Jewish Friends On Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To A Jewish Person For Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To A Jewish Person On Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone Celebrating Hanukkah?
- How To Wish Your Jewish Friends Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone On The First Day Of Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone On The First Night Of Hanukkah?
- How Do You Say Happy Hanukkah In Jewish?
- How To Wish Jewish Friends Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Wish Someone Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone On Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone Who Celebrates Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Wish Someone A Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone For Hanukkah?
Last update 2023-11-27. Price and product availability may change.