Hanukkah is a wonderful festive time of year, celebrated by participants of the Jewish faith all around the world. It has a strong message of spiritual renewal, the preservation and rededication of Jewish tradition, and an emphasis on the importance of cherishing our freedom, our families, and friendship. Hanukkah is a special time of year to honor our faith, and to remember that by celebrating it, we can continue its legacy for generations to come. One of the key ways to express the spirit of Hanukkah is through conversation and verbal expressions.
Table of Contents
Hanukkah Blessings and Greetings in Hebrew
Blessing Upon Lighting the Candles
Ba-ruch A-tah Ado-nai E-lo-he-nu Me-lech Ha-olam A-sher Ki-de-sha-nu Be-mitz-vo-tav Vi-tzi-va-nu Le-had-lik Ner Shel Chanukah.
Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the Universe, who has sanctified us with His commandments and commanded us to kindle the light of Hanukkah.
Hanukkah Blessings and Greetings in English
- Happy Hanukkah!
- Chag Sameach (Hebrew for “Happy Holiday”)
- A Chanukah Sameach (Hebrew for “A Happy Chanukah”)
- Mazel Tov! (congratulatory expression used for many happy occasions)
- Light Well! (Hebrew translation: “Ma’Otzror Ha-Chayim”)
No matter how Hanukkah is shared and celebrated, its message of freedom, dedication and grace remains powerful and relevant in today’s culture. One of the main ways to communicate this message is through the thoughtful and genuine words we share with those around us. Whether saying a blessing, giving a greeting or wishing someone a happy Hanukkah, these words can help to spread this special celebration far and wide and make it a lasting part of each family’s spiritual journey.
- What Do You Say Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Celebrate Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say When You Light The Hanukkah Candles?
- What Do You Say To Your Jewish Friends On Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Wish Someone A Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone Who Celebrates Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say When Lighting Hanukkah Candles?
- What Do You Say On Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say For Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say On The First Day Of Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To A Jewish Person On Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Someone Celebrating Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say To Wish Someone Happy Hanukkah?
- What Do You Say In A Hanukkah Card?
- How Do You Say Happy Hanukkah?
Last update 2023-11-27. Price and product availability may change.